What is your joist visibility and layout situation?
GARAGE STRUCTURE - CROSS JOIST SYSTEM LAYOUT
(which direction are your joists running)
Our Self Installation Jig is included in the purchase price so you can Do-It-Yourself (DIY) with ease and assurance that the system is installed perfectly to your particular garage framing structure... safely making optimal use of your overhead garage space.
Our installation instructions will make it a snap for homeowners like yourself... provided you are capable of following simple directions while working overhead on a short ladder. Our Self Installation kit will include our easy to use jig for perfect results.
The KeepTrack storage system does require proper installation to be fail-proof. Our spacing jig is set exact to the proper the track width that assure proper tote fitment.(Important: Tracks must each be screwed into / across 4-5 separate ceiling joists.)
EIGHT VALUABLE SHORT-CUTS
2) My garage has been finished but I have a crawl space allowing access to see ceiling joists in the area of interest.
3) My garage has been sheet rocked but the nails are visible so I can still see exactly where and how joist pattern is.
4) My garage has not been sheet rocked on the ceiling so I will be attaching the tracking directly to the ceiling joists.
5) My garage has been finished but I can see the exact same home still under construction with the same blueprints.
6) My house is a custom home and I can either get plans from my builder or have the plans to see how my joists run.
7) My knowledge of architecture and construction will easily get me through this step in identifying my system layout.
8) My head is already swimming and I have no clue what you're talking about here, and need assistance right away!
Measure twice order tote size correctly once...
Red means No Green means Go Borderline
(only worry about carrier clearance on side to side installs)
WATER ALWAYS RUNS DOWN YOUR
ROOF IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS
YOUR ROOF TRUSSES AND JOISTS
CLICK ON YOUR SITUATION: 1 - 8
WHEN YOUR GO-TO HANDYMAN IS
NOT AVAILABLE WE HAVE GOT YOU
COVERED BY OUR PRO-INSTALLERS!
THE BASIC 5 ESSENTIAL STEPS
A garage ceiling is usually 9 - 10 feet with 7 foot door height which
provides headroom for 12 - 20 gallon totes over each parking place.
A large deciding factor is whether joist patterns will match up over
an 8' x 8' area big enough to allow totes to load in one or both ends.
STEP 1 - MEASURING FOR HEADROOM - Choosing the right tote
STEP 2 - LAYOUT - Where is my 8' x 8" area with loading zone?
STEP 3 - JOIST AND TRACK INSTALLATION - Finding the joists.
STEP 4 - DO YOU HAVE? (30" loading area or 24" loadings area)
STEP 5 - JOIST SPAN / LAYOUT - Consistent pattern / direction